Saturday, March 7, 2009

Everybody Else Is Doing It, So...

I have tons (well, thousands of pages, anyway) of rpg material that I created "back in the day" that maybe I can upload to this site. Probably no one will care, but it gives me an opportunity to organize all that stuff that's sitting in folders and boxes - and to intersperse it with some new stuff that I've been working on (Like the Mapping the Depths of the Earth project from Dragonsfoot that I'm trying to put out some of my best work for). I'll probably keep this blog completely free of non-rpg stuff, since I have other blogs for those ramblings, and most of what I post here will be setting and adventure stuff - I don't recall being all that into creating new classes or that kind of stuff. New spells, monsters and magic items are generally tied into specific adventures. Someday I might pull that stuff all together...

So - coming up - Jacob's Well area, The Coming Darkness adventures, my Lost City (B4) additions (from high school!!), Dragonhall, Eversnow Mountain, Greatoaks Forest, the Fortress in the Wilderness... Man, there's a ton of stuff.

My homebrew world is Daen-Ral - pretty standard stuff. I might someday get around to posting the map and gazeteers and so forth...but I'm far more interested in adventures and small scale setting than whole worlds so...

EDIT - Daen-Ral is organized around five elements (earth, water, air, fire and darkness or void). I'll have a post on the elements, the elder elemental gods, at least one story arc that involves cultists attempting to revive worship in the elder gods and probably a whole lot to say on the nature of monsters and creatures in Daen-Ral. So, maybe I need more on the world than I thought...

As things accumulate toward coherence (heh, if I can ever get there) I'll collect things into pdfs and put them on scribd or orbitfiles or something.

NOTE - some stuff has been playtested, some hasn't, I doubt I'll indicate which is which so if anybody uses any of this stuff - caveat emptor...

No comments: