Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Missing Map Stuff

Well, I had a comment on my last post (woo-hoo) asking me how I did the map (see comments, last post, to see my answer...heh). But that caused me to look at the map a little more closely - and I realize that I'm missing some stuff...like a whole region of hills/low mountains...

That was a first digial pass at the Midlands. I think I might break out the chart paper and the colored pencils and try something a little less...pixelated. In all my spare time, of course...

On a related note, I found an early world map (Daen-Ral...not real world...heh) in a file labeled "Geographical Information" that I think dates from college (about 1990 or so). My general world concept hasn't changed much (geographically, that is) - and I was reminded of some areas that I had started to flesh out - so I'll have to revisit that world map, make just a couple minor adjustments to the newer maps...

On a somewhat tangental note - I have a whole lot of backstory for the "Old World" of sorcerous wars and bizarre, magic infected creatures and geography - but I don't have ANY idea what the shape of the land is... Have to think about that a little more.

No comments: