So I guess if I'm going to look at One Page Dungeons, I should establish some kind of "here's what I like" baseline.
I want the OPD to be easy to use. Be as creative as you want to be, but I have to be able to use this - probably on the fly when teenagers say, Hey, let's play D&D! That being said, some of the things I will harp on are:
Organization - please make things easy to find
Clarity - please make the map easy to read, highlight important stuff
Usefulness - this is a nebulous category, I admit, but I'll talk a little about whether or not I find it useful
Subjective - this is the final category and it's completely my bias. For example, I don't really like gonzo stuff. Or cute stuff. Weird is okay, but I have a limit. Clever is okay, but don't try too hard. Yeah, you may want to skip this part of any review since it'll just be me harping on the stuff I like/don't like...
I'll probably start with a summary of the OPD - maybe even quote the "hook" from the entry itself.
I'm planning on going in chronological order - starting with 2009 OPD contest entries - but the actual order I review will be a bit random...
Affiliate Link to the 2009 OPD Compendium
Your Advanced Player’s Handbook
-
Depending upon your point of view, when it comes to roleplaying games, we
live in an age blessed or cursed by choice. There are too many to choose
from, ...
25 seconds ago
No comments:
Post a Comment